Junmai, honjozo, ginjo, daiginjo… What do all these strange words mean? Do we have to know them to enjoy sake? It will definitely help you to identify the sake types you like, to understand a difference between these incomprehensible sake bottles in a shop or exotic sake names on a wine-list, to decide what sake you should choose for a particular meal, or whether you need to pop the bottle in the fridge before drinking or it’s fine as it is and so on.
So let me be your guide in this vast and strange sake universe and you can decide for yourself whether you want to remember all this sake mumbo jumbo or just go easy and enjoy the drink.
- Variety of Sake
- History of sake classification
- Current sake classification criteria
- Why do brewers add distilled alcohol?
- Premium/Special designation sake
- Premium sake is not always better
- Sake of the Episode: Dewazakura Oka Ginjo